- You may apply to one campus only.
- You should designate your first- and second-choice Clusters.
- Click on a Cluster title for a detailed course description.
- Be sure to note the prerequisites.
- Use the Application Worksheet as a guide.
- The online application will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete. Compose all your short-answer responses ahead of time, in Word.
- You will need a valid email address.
- You will be asked for the names and email addresses of two math and/or science teachers who have agreed to submit an online recommendation on your behalf. An email will be sent directly to them with instructions. As a courtesy, to help them prepare, download a Teacher Recommendation Form for them.
- Confirmation page - The signature section that follows this page, signed by both applicant and parent or guardian.
- $30 application fee - Pay online, or mail a check or money order payable to “UC Regents”, with the applicant's name in the memo field. We do not accept cash for this (non refundable) application fee.
- Your official transcript(s) or report cards:
- Submit official transcripts through Docufide or hard copies may be sent directly to the program in which you are applying. Mailing directions available on the 2016 Application Worksheet.
- 8th graders: Submit copies of 7th and 8th grade report cards.
- 9th graders: 8th grade report card and 9th grade transcript, with final Fall 2015 grades. Check with your counselor to see if your school uses the Docufide service.
- 10th graders and above: All high school transcripts including your final Fall 2015 transcript. Check with your counselor to see if your school uses the Docufide service.
- Financial assistance information (optional) - To be considered for financial assistance you must submit one of the following:
Financial aid requests must be completed and submitted with the application to attend COSMOS. No further information or requests will be accepted after submission.
- Copy of the official letter verifying TANF benefits.
- Completed Financial Assistance Application
Remind your teachers that their recommendations must also be completed by February 19th.
Please mail all supporting documents directly to the campus address listed on the confirmation page. You may log back into this system to verify that we have received your documents, check the status of your teacher recommendations, and view the status of your application. Applicants will be notified of admission status by April 15th, 2016. Some campuses have waitlists, and in that case you may be admitted off the waitlist later than April 15th. Good Luck!