Application and Payment Basics
WHO CAN APPLY
California State Students Only
- Only students that physically reside in California during the 2023 activities are eligible to attend COSMOS 2023. Students must further be able to receive packages to their US residence prior to the start of the program.
Rising 8th graders (will be in 9th grade in Fall 2023) through rising 11th graders (will be in 12th grade in Fall 2023). Please contact the Statewide COSMOS office with questions about student residency status for application purposes.
Dates and Deadlines: https://cosmos-ucop.ucdavis.edu/app/main/page/dates-deadlines
Fees and Tuition: https://cosmos-ucop.ucdavis.edu/app/main/page/fees-and-tuition
- Completed online application, including one personal statement;
- One teacher recommendation is required, two recommended (STEM teachers preferred, others accepted)
- Unofficial transcripts uploaded directly to the application prior to submission and should be created after January 11th, 2023 at 8:00 AM when the application opens
- 8th and 9th graders must also submit a copy of their 7th and 8th-grade report card, respectively
- Parent/guardian's e-Signature(s) in the parent portal
- Application fee--payable online with a credit card or check, see below for details
Application fee; deposit & tuition
For deposit and tuition fees paid by credit card, a 2.5% transaction fee applies. The Application Fee is exempt from this service fee. This transaction fee is charged by the third-party processor, not COSMOS, and is not refundable even if the payment to which it relates is canceled, refunded, credited, or charged back.
University banking policy dictates that we assess this charge separately from the deposit and tuition payments, thus you will be asked to submit two payments, 1) tuition and/or deposit, and 2) the service fee.
If you choose to pay by credit card, you must submit both the payment and the service fee before the stated deadlines for your admission to be complete. Alternatively, you may choose to avoid the service charge, by mailing a check or money order, postmarked by the stated deadline, to:
University of California
PO Box 989062
West Sacramento, CA 95798-9062
Make check or money order payable to "UC Regents" (not COSMOS).
Please note on the check to which campus you are applying, i.e. COSMOS UCD, and include the applicant's name.
DISCLAIMER: COSMOS is not responsible for lost, held, or damaged mail. COSMOS is not responsible for delivery errors via carrier, or incorrect shipping info. PLEASE CHECK YOUR INFORMATION, and do not request receiving a signature upon delivery. Registered mail is strongly recommended.
Financial aid application, including tax return cover sheet or TANF (no social security numbers), must be completed with the admission application.
Upon admission, each campus requires several documents to attend COSMOS. These include official transcripts, waivers, permission slips, medical information, etc. Please be sure to review these documents carefully, and submit them as instructed.