Statewide Policies and Procedures
- Applicants must obtain approval from a parent/guardian before applying
- Do not send any documentation via e-mail
- All financial aid documentation must be mailed to the Statewide Office on or before the application deadline. See additional details
- Blackout social security numbers on all documentation
- Payments are accepted by check, money order, or credit card ONLY.
- All checks and money orders must be addressed to 'UC Regents' (not COSMOS). Credit card payments can only be made through the COSMOS application parent portal. To do so, log in to the parent's account and click on the "Online Payment" tab. The COSMOS charge on your statement will reflect ‘UC Davis’ for all campuses.
- An approx. 2.85% credit card fee applies to all credit card transactions
- For check payments and money orders, please print the applicant's name and COSMOS campus (i.e. UCSD) on the memo line
RESIDENCY STATUS POLICY
- Students attending high school in California are considered in-state applicants; this includes high school students who have AB540 or DACA status. Additionally, students attending boarding school outside of California but who have permanent residence (parents/guardians pay CA taxes) can be considered in-state. Due to the complexity of this issue, if you have questions please contact Statewide directly.
RETURNING STUDENT POLICY
- Due to the high demand for participation in COSMOS, students who have already attended any COSMOS program are NOT eligible to apply again.
- If you foresee a problem or issue with having your student's tuition paid in full on time, please contact the COSMOS Statewide Office as soon as possible. Failure to pay your tuition before the deadline without contacting our office with a legitimate issue or concern will be considered a forfeiture of your COSMOS acceptance, and we will permanently revoke your offer of admission.
TUITION REFUND POLICY
- Application fee ($30) and tuition deposit ($200) are non-refundable
- Direct all tuition refund requests to the COSMOS Statewide Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For students who are admitted from a waitlist, a one-week period will be given to deciding on acceptance and payment of the $200 non-refundable deposit. The tuition & Refund Policy still applies, unless the Tuition Payment deadline has passed.
- Refund payments are issued to the party who paid the tuition payment. A refund will take up to 90 days to process.
PHOTO AND RECORDING POLICY
- By attending a public event on a UC campus (California State Summer School for Mathematics & Science, "COSMOS"), you give your permission for the University of California ("UC"), to videotape, audiotape, photograph, record, edit or otherwise reproduce your child(s) voice, image or likeness, and to use it in various formats and for the purposes within UC's mission of teaching, research, public service, and patient care. Distribution methods may include, but are not limited to the classroom, television (including UCTV, broadcast, cable, and satellite), the Internet (including webcasts and podcasts), print publications, or any other medium now existing or later created. UC retains the right not to use the footage for other than archival purposes.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC POLICIES
- Each campus may have additional policies, view their website and admissions offer, so you are aware of the details.