Statewide Policies and Procedures
- Applicants under the age of 13 must obtain approval from a parent/guardian before applying
- Do not send any documentation via e-mail
- All financial aid documentation must be mailed to the Statewide Office, see address here
- Black out social security numbers on all documentation sent into Statewide
- Payment transactions can be made by check, money order, or credit card.
- All checks and money orders must be addressed to 'UC Regents' not COSMOS. Credit card payments can be made through the COSMOS application website. To do so, login to your account and click on the "Online Payment" tab. Charge will note ‘UC Davis’ for all campus applications.
- A 2.5% credit card fees applies to all credit card transactions in order to cover the expenses of the service.
- Please print the applicant name and COSMOS program (i.e. UCSD) on the memo line of check or money order.
RESIDENCY STATUS POLICY
Students attending high school in California are considered in-state applicants; this includes high school students who have AB540 or DACA status. Additionally, students attending boarding school outside of California but who have permanent residence (parents/guardians pay CA taxes) can be considered in-state. Due to the complexity of this issue, if you have questions please contact Statewide directly.
RETURNING STUDENT POLICY
Due to the high demand for participation in COSMOS, students who have already attended any COSMOS program are not eligible to apply again.
For Summer of 2018, the COSMOS admissions offer acceptance is due by April 6th, 2018, including a non-refundable $200 deposit. This deposit will go toward your tuition and be deducted from your tuition balance. Note that the non-refundable deposit is not covered by awarded financial aid.
COSMOS Tuition Payment due in full: May 25th, 2018. If you foresee a problem or issue with having your student's tuition paid in full by May 25th, please contact the COSMOS Statewide Office as soon as possible. Failure to pay your tuition before the deadline without contacting our office with a legitimate issue or concern will be considered a forfeiture of your COSMOS acceptance, and we will permanently revoke your offer of admission for the 2018 program. Maximum financial aid is $3,545, since financial aid does not cover the $200 non-refundable deposit or application fee ($30). If you received a notice of admission that also granted you partial financial assistance, you will need to make a payment in the amount of the remaining balance of the tuition you owe by the May 25th deadline.
TUITION REFUND POLICY
Application fee ($30) and tuition deposit ($200) are non-refundable
Direct all tuition refund requests to the COSMOS Statewide Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). The COSMOS refund schedule for justifiable cancelled attendance is as follows:
• Cancellation request received on or before May 25th, 2018: 100% of tuition (less $200 non-refundable deposit)
• Cancellation request received on or before June 1st, 2018: 50% of tuition (less $200 non-refundable deposit)
• Cancellation request received after June 7th, 2018: NO REFUND
• Dismissal or voluntary departure from COSMOS program at any time: NO REFUND
In case you are admitted from a waitlist, a one-week period will be given to decide on acceptance and payment of non-refundable deposit. Tuition & Refund Policy still apply, unless Tuition Payment deadline has passed. Refund payments shall be issued to the party who paid the tuition payment. A refund will take up to 90 days to process.
PHOTO AND RECORDING POLICY
By attending a public event on a UC campus (California State Summer School for Mathematics & Science, "COSMOS"), you give your permission for the University of California ("UC"), to videotape, audiotape, photograph, record, edit or otherwise reproduce your child(s) voice, image or likeness, and to use it in various formats and for the purposes within UC's mission of teaching, research, public service and patient care. Distribution methods may include, but are not limited to the classroom, television (including UCTV, broadcast, cable, and satellite), the Internet (including webcasts and podcasts), print publications or any other medium now existing or later created. UC retains the right not to use the footage for other than archival purposes.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC POLICIES
Each campus may have additional policies, view their website and admissions offer, so you are aware of the details.