- You may apply to one campus only.
- You should designate your first- and second-choice Clusters.
- Click on a Cluster title for a detailed course description.
- Asterisk (*) denotes prerequisites. Cluster sizes vary from 18-24 students. Unfortunately, due to the large number of applicants, COSMOS alumni are not eligible to apply a second year.
- Use the Application Worksheet as a guide.
- The online application will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete. Compose all your short-answer responses ahead of time, in Word.
- You will need a valid email address.
- You will be asked for the names and email addresses of two math and/or science teachers who have agreed to submit an online recommendation on your behalf. An email will be sent directly to them with instructions. As a courtesy, to help them prepare, download a Teacher Recommendation Form for them.
- confirmation page - The signature section that follows this page, signed by both applicant and parent or guardian.
- $30 application fee - Pay online, or mail a check or money order payable to “UC Regents”, with the applicant's name in the memo field. We do not accept cash for this (non refundable) application fee.
- Your official transcript(s) or report cards:
- 8th graders: Submit copies of 7th and 8th grade report cards.
- 9th graders: Submit copies of 8th grade report cards, and freshman transcripts, signed and sealed by the school registrar or via the online Docufide service. (Please contact the campus directly for more information.)
- 10th graders and above: transcripts from Fall, signed and sealed by the school registrar or via the online Docufide service. Please contact the campus directly for more information.
- STAR test results (UC Davis only) - Include a photocopy of your most current STAR test results. If you do not have these results, check with your school counselor to obtain them. If you did not take the STAR test, please include a brief note of explanation with your application.
- Financial assistance information (optional) - To be considered for financial assistance you must submit one of the following:
- Copy of the official letter verifying Free/Reduced lunch or TANF benefits.
- Completed Financial Assistance Application
Remind your teachers that their recommendations must also be completed by February 22nd.
Please mail all supporting documents (in one packet) directly to the campus address listed on the confirmation page. You may log back into this system to verify that we have received your documents, check the status of your teacher recommendations, and view the status of your application. All applicants will be notified of admission status by April 19th. Good Luck!